The department runs four progammes:
· Trade certificate in science laboratory technology –one (1) year.
· Laboratory assistant certificate-two (2) years.
· Science laboratory technician advanced certificate-two (2) years.
· Diploma in science laboratory technology-three (3) years.
The graduates work closely with scientists and managers and therefore should:
(i) have good practical and technical skills
(ii) have an enquiring mind
(iii) be encouraged to enjoy research and practical work in clean laboratories,
Sterile conditions wearing protective clothing.
To meet these objectives, courses are offered in:
· Physics theory and techniques
· Chemistry theory and techniques
· Biology theory and techniques
· Instrumentation and electronics
· Laboratory practice and management
· Communication skills.
· Industrial attachment ant projects
The aims and objectives of courses, rationale, programme objectives, aims, structure and assessment methods are reflected in the syllabi which can be obtained from the Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA) at www.teveta.org.zm;e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org